The Square Circuit

Academia, parenthood, living in a bankrupt city, and what I read in the process.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

stuck in the middle

I'd like to be posting a snappy piece about what I've just finished reading, but I took on a freelance project to write an article on Ayn Rand's ATLAS SHRUGGED and I'm feeling every one of its 1150 pages. Wow, this is not a good book. The dialogue, especially, is just wretched--B-movie exposition level. And I think once I finish it I might post on the creepy/disturbing model of female sexuality here, but I'm waiting to see if the first 400 pages are some big postmodern joke about bad novels and icky portrayals of women. I hope.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger zoe p. said…

    i'll raise you.

    i'm reading "a return to modesty" by wendy shalit. i'm waiting for the punchline to a big postmodern joke about icky portrayals of women.

    frankly, i don't how to describe it but i'll post more thoroughly soon.

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Blogger mantooth said…

    yes, but is it a fanatically loved statement of radical right-wing "philosophy"?

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to post this on your comment area, but I keep getting missed calls from this number, 800-616-8075, and my computer leads me to you with that number. I believe you have the wrong number, so please stop calling.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to post this on your comment area, but I keep getting missed calls from this number, 800-616-8075, and my computer leads me to you with that number. I believe you have the wrong number, so please stop calling.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home